Liebster means Favourite in German. The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to other bloggers. It is a fun way to bring attention to blogs with under 200 followers, discover new or different blogs or sites, and get to know other fellow bloggers. So thank you for the support MariaAbroad! Now it is our turn to spread the love.
The rules for the Liebster Award are simple:
- Accept and answer the questions given to you.
- Come up with 11 new questions yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers you would like to answer your questions. They should have 200 followers or less.
- Write an article about this nomination on your blog and link back to the website of your nominator.
- Finally, post your Liebster Award blog post link in the comments of your nominator’s Liebster Award post.
First, we’ve asked our editor-at-large to answer Maria’s questions:
1. Tell us a bit about yourself.
I am Christine. I am French and grew up in Toulouse, in the south-west region of France. I love warm weather, a plate of mixed charcuterie with a glass of deep red wine, wandering around quaint villages. After my studies, I spent one year as an Au-Pair in the US and caught the traveling bug. I love to discover new countries, learn new languages, exchange with the locals, try their cuisine, find cool street art, and bring back tons of pictures. It makes my life so much richer.
2. What is your site about?
I am the editor-at-large at Travel Gluttons, an online publication about finding good local food around the world and understanding how to eat it. All of our articles have a gastronomy point of view. The team is composed of many personalities and cultures. It is really fun and interesting to work with them.
3. What do you love most about blogging?
When I lived in Asia (Shanghai and Singapore), I started a blog to share with my family and friends our life and new experiences. People soon started to comment on my posts or asked questions. It quickly became a way to exchange with many persons with different backgrounds. It was a lot of fun. With Travel Gluttons, I enjoy writing about my travels, the restaurants I discover or sharing my insider tips on places I visit. Instagram and Facebook are also great medias to exchange and be part of a broader community.
4. Who inspires you in life?
Audrey Hepburn has always been an icon for me. She was so pretty inside and out, giving so much to others. She used her celebrity to do good around her. She is a true inspiration.
5. If the sky is the limit, what would you do?
Travel, travel, travel, take pictures, and write about it so people everywhere can learn from others and discover different cultures and places.
6. If you could travel anywhere today, where would you go?
Ever since I read a book about Lhassa in Tibet, it has been a dream of mine to see the holy city. I know I might be disappointed because it has changed so much but I still want to go there… One day!
7. What would you take on a deserted Island with you?
A knife (you can do so many things with a knife like sharpen your pencils), pencils and notebooks, and mosquito repellent. Mosquitos tend to find me very attractive!
8. What is your guilty pleasure?
Saucisson. I think this is what I missed the most when living abroad. Yep, a leopard cannot change its spots!
9. What is your secret (or not so secret) talent?
Adaptation. Like in Darwin’s evolutionary theory, I can assess my environment and adjust to it. Call me a mutant.
10. What makes you smile?
A good movie or book, my two kids, my silly dog, myself. I am easily entertained.
11. What book do you read over and over?
The Tao of Pooh and The Te of Piglet by Benjamin Hoff. It is so simple yet so meaningful, with many life lessons. I love this one: “Do you really want to be happy? You can begin by being appreciative of who you are and what you’ve got.”
And our nominees are…
- The Whet Palette
- Nines vs. Food
- Belly of the Feast
- Behind the Plates
- The Road Less Forked
- Coffee and Brunch
- The Travelling Chopsticks
- La Panza Porteña
- Nibble, Sip, Wander
- Will Fly For Food
And your questions are…
- Who are you and what is your blog about?
- What’s your favourite cuisine?
- If you could travel anywhere today, where would it be?
- What’s your favourite food memory from childhood?
- What’s your guilty pleasure food?
- What’s the strangest thing you ate?
- What’s the one food/drink that you wish came with a set of instructions?
- What’s your favourite travel resource on the web?
- What’s the worst food you had in your life?
- What food/travel blog do you look forward to seeing in your RSS feed?
- What five food items would you bring to a desert island knowing you would stay there for a very long time?
Thank you for participating. We cannot wait to read your answers!