Taipei City is the capital city of Taiwan. The city has approximately 2.7 million citizens. Taipei is a dynamic and exciting city with beautiful skyscrapers and a lot of food markets which are worth visiting. Traveling by metro is really convenient, the streets and sight seeing places are easy to find. If you cannot find something, the local people are very friendly and helpful.
There are four seasons in Taiwan.
– Winter is from December to February. During this time of the year the temperature is low with an average degree of 14˚C. The winter months are also the driest months of the year. If you are planning to go to Taipei during January or February, you need to be aware to book your accommodation in advance because of the Chinese New Year.
– Spring is from March to May. At this time, the temperature will be rising. The average temperature is between 15˚C to 20˚C. The end towards spring is the official start of the wet season and you might want to bring a rain jacket with you.
– Summer is from June to August. This is the hottest and most humid time of the year. You should also be aware that this is the high season. It might be that accommodations are fully booked during these months of the year. During the summer time there are also some typhoon warnings. If there is a typhoon warning, you can find it on news channels.
– Autumn is from September to November. The humidity and the heat will start to decline. However, September is considered the rainiest month of the year. After September the temperature will be around 20˚C and it won’t rain much.
So when is the best time to visit Taipei? I guess it depends on your personal interest. Each month brings their own experience. It also depends on the kind of weather you prefer while traveling. If your planning to go to Taipei during the winter months, you need to bring warm clothes. But if you planning to visit Taipei during the summer months, light clothes will be recommended because it gets humid. A raincoat or an umbrella might also come handy during this time of the year.
Taiwan’s International airport is called Taoyuan airport. This airport is located 45 minutes from Taipei. There are several ways to get to the city of Taipei from Taoyuan Airport.
– Bus: this is the most convenient way of transportation from the airport to the city. At terminal 1 and 2 you can take bus 1819 to the main station of Taipei. The bus takes approximately 55 minutes. Tickets for the bus can be bought at the terminal.
– Taxi: when you exit the terminal you will find the taxi stand. Taxies drive 24 hours a day and take approximately 45 minutes.
There is also another airport called SongShan. This airport is located in Taipei city, and is mostly for domestic flights to some cities in China or Japan. The best way to get from this airport to the city center is by taxi or bus. The bus has several stops before arriving at the city center.
The Taipei tower used to be the highest building of the world. Taipei 101 is 508 meters high and was opened in 2004. This high building is constructed to withstand earthquakes and typhoons. The building has 101 levels and is therefore called Taipei 101 and provides a center for business and recreation. The Taipei 101 has an observation deck on the inside of the building and as well on the outside. The indoor observation deck is on the 88 and 89th floors, and the outside observation deck is on the 91st floor. This building is definitely a must-see when you are visiting Taipei. You can choose to either watch it from the outside and from the inside. Both options are amazing. If you are planning to go to Taipei during the New Years, Taipei 101 has a spectacular firework show.
This place has a stunning view of Taipei city. The Elephant hill can be reached from metro station MRT Xiangshan Station exit 2, from there you walk towards the hill and walk a lot of stairs until you reach the viewpoints. The walk takes approximately 15-20 minutes. During the summer months, it’s humid and it means reaching the top all sweaty. But it’s worth it. The view is amazing. There is one view point in the middle where you can see a bit of the city. Walking further towards the top of the hill you will have a clear view of Taipei city. The best time to go on the top of the hill is during sunset. The colors of the sky reflecting with the amazing buildings of Taipei city bring a breathtaking view. Because it’s such an amazing view you need to be aware that a lot of people don’t want to miss out on this view. It gets a bit busy during sunset so if you want to have a great spot then you need to go on time. Some people climb onto the giant rocks to sit and watch the sunset. A great place to enjoy the view.
Tamsui is known for its fisherman’s wharf. A lot of tourists come to Tamsui Fisherman’s wharf to walk along the side of the boulevard, eat seafood, and watch the sunset. It’s the perfect getaway location from the city center. There are many restaurants on the boulevard and they are known for its seafood. These restaurants also offer entertainment and live music. During weekends and during the summer, this town gets very busy. In this town there is also a bridge called the Lover Bridge of Tamsui. It’s a place where lovers meet and they can write each other love letters or wishes on special wooden cards.
Eat and Drink
Shilin night market this market is one of the biggest night markets in Taipei. It’s a great market to eat all the Taiwanese snacks they offer. The Shilin night market is a great place for people who love shopping and eating. There are so many choices to choose from. The market opens in the afternoon and closes late at night. The market is really popular and gets very busy, during weekends and in the summer time. Best time to visit the market is from 7PM.
DinTaiFung dumpling house is a one Michelin restaurant located at the Taipei 101 shopping mall. If you are planning to go to this restaurant, make sure you make a reservation. This restaurant is a popular restaurant and if you haven’t made a reservation then you might need to wait half an hour or an hour. The restaurant is very clean and the staff is kind. The food is delicious at DinTaiFung dumpling house.
Sherwood hotel is a 5 star hotel located in the center of Taipei. This hotel is close to public transportation which is really convenient to go to all the sightsee places of Taipei. The Sherwood hotel (Min Sheng East Road No.111, Sec.3, Taipei, Taiwan) is a beautiful hotel with a luxurious atmosphere. The staff is really friendly and they make you feel like home.
Another hotel which is recommended for your stay in Taipei is Taipei 101 Sparkle hotel (Xinyi Rd.No.16, Sec. 5, Xinyi Dist., Taipei City, Taiwan). This hotel has a perfect location as well. This hotel has a modern style interior which fits with the area.
Travel Tips and Blogs
Taiwan Tourism Board – A lot of tips and get to know facts about travelling in Taiwan. The website provides useful information for your stay in Taipei or somewhere else in Taiwan.
Travel Taipei – This website gives you information about Taipei with all its activities and events.
Go 2 Taiwan – If you want to know some extra travel tips or some news about Taiwan than this website provides some useful information.
Last Updated On: March 20th 2017